The SIA has long been represented in many international organizations and maintains good relations with associations abroad. Early 2014, the SIA set up its own “International” division to consolidate its networking activities with the planning and building industry abroad and allow its members to access other markets. The SIA is pursuing this goal by taking action in the following areas:
- Membership and representation of professional interests in international bodies
- Building and fostering relationships with other professional associations, relevant authorities, organizations as well as educational and research institutes at home and abroad to share and gain knowledge and information.
- Promoting networking and exchange among its internationally active and interested members. Examples:
- Founding of the International section in 2013
- Regular Export Meetings, organized by the International section as of 2016
- Image and knowledge transfer through targeted projects and events at home and abroad. Examples: